There are so many people who have contributed to my learning this year — in person and online.
My nominations for the 2008 Edublog awards are:
- Best individual blog http://ogrady.globalteacher.org.au/ Lauren O’Grady is an intelligent, passionate young professional whose personality shines through in her online work. She inspires me to be myself online.
- Best resource sharing blog http://www.downes.ca/ OL Daily is an indispensable tool for me to keep up with what’s going on in the edubloggersphere.
- Most influential blog post 272 comments and counting – the closure of Al Upton’s mini legends’ blogs provoked a worldwide response http://alupton.edublogs.org/order-for-closure/
- Best teacher blog – http://deangroom.wordpress.com/ In person and online, Dean challenges and inspires me.
- Best librarian / library blog http://heyjude.wordpress.com/ Jude O’Connell’s generous spirit and warmth radiate throughout in her professional blog.
- Best educational tech support blog – http://offonatangent.blogspot.com/ Steve Garfield is not an edu-blogger persay, but I love the amount of knowledge he shares on his blog.
- Best elearning / corporate education blog http://silkcharm.blogspot.com/ Laurel Papworth’s blog has excellent information on SMO strategies that balance marketing/communications goals with building relationships via social networks.
- Best educational use of video / visual http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=hySW5QC4JLw via Kathryn Greenhill http://librariansmatter.com/blog/ This case study of the educational uses of Second Life by Murdoch University is very, very worth watching.
- Best educational use of a social networking service I’d have to nominate jokaydia.com — http://jokaydia.com – Anyone who says Second Life isn’t a social networking service ain’t doing it right. Jo Kay is.
- Best educational use of a virtual world http://jokaydia.com – The community of practice established on the islands of jokaydia is an invaluable source of support and learning to me and to the visitors whom island residents welcome with open arms. The unconference held there was outstanding.
- Best class blog http://alupton.edublogs.org/ Al Upton and his mini legends for bouncing back!
- Lifetime achievement http://www.fullcirc.com I love, love, love Nancy White! Her insights, warmth and resource sharing make her a must read for me.