KerryJ is a passionate educational technologist with more than 8 years of experience in the adult education sector.
She has delivered workshops and presentations across Australia and in numerous online forums on topics including Information Literacy, Digital Literacy, Moodle, virtual worlds, Creative Commons licensing, multimedia production, professional social networking and open source software.
Her work includes instructional design for online education and training from flipped classrooms and blended learning to fully online, self-paced training. She researches and consults on emerging trends in education and the use of ICTs and aims to ensure students come away with information and digital literacy skills that will equip them for lifelong learning.
Key performance areas
- E-learning design and consultation, specialisation in Moodle, virtual worlds
- Online and face to face workshop and training facilitation
- Writing and desktop research for a wide range of mediums
- Production of effective digital content including video, audio, podcasts, digital photos
- Training of internal and external stakeholders on a range of content management and learning management systems
- Understanding of government departments and public sector agencies.
- Diploma in Project Management, Australian Institute of Management
- Professional Certificate in Web Accessibility Compliance Uni SA and Media Access Australia
- TAELLN401A (Language, Literacy and Numeracy competency for TAE), TAFESA
- Certificate IV TAE, BJ Network Consulting
- Moodle Course Creator’s Certificate
- BSci Broadcasting and Advertising, Northern Arizona University
Some examples of video work
Video tutorials for online learnersBased on student demand and the introduction of new tools and technologies, KerryJ creates videos for the Australian Institute of Social Relations’ adult learners.
View them on YouTube
A series of 12 videos providing an overview of ICT-supported assessment produced for The Klevar Group for the Queensland VET Development Centre on eAssessment. Work included research and adapting existing materials, art direction, scriptwriting and editing.